Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Week 28...

Gah! Couldn't my photographer tell me that my hair needed fixing!
How far along?: 28 weeks, 4 days (Last trimester!!!!)

Baby's Size: about 17 inches from head to toe, and 2.9 lbs!

Bellybutton: Still in... I'm *hoping* that since I'm this far along there's no chance of it coming out... who knows though

Stretchmarks: 1 - that red line I mentioned a few weeks ago.. yeah, that was a stretch mark. Boo.

Maternity Clothes: Just bought a pair of jeans and shorts... but that's about it.  I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but even pre-baby I wore a lot of empire-waist tops/dresses, so I've been able to keep on rocking the same stuff.  Leggings and dresses are my BFFs.

Sex: It's a BOY! Yay! We didn't care either way, but I am loving the idea of a mini-hubs running around building explosive devices (Matthew used to get himself into lots of troubles building his own rockets as a kid).

Movement: Holy cow is he going stir-crazy in here!!! Every morning at 4AM he wakes me up with a good swift kick, then at 10AM, 2PM, and 10PM he likes to go a little wild and distracts me from concentrating on work. He likes to stay on my left side and I rarely feel him on my right.  Apparently, singing to him calms him down... or maybe it bores him.  Does he not like the way his mama sings?!

Sleep: I get these emails daily from a bunch of different baby sites (What to Expect, Baby Center, Fit Pregnancy, etc) that touch on difficulties in sleeping while pregnant.  I haven't had an issue yet... guess I'm pretty lucky.  I probably woke up twice with minor leg cramps, but I was able to relieve the tightness by flexing and didn't need to wake the hubs up.

Symptoms: OK, so morning sickness is pretty much all gone... save for the 1 or 2 times a week I still run to the bathroom.  No back pains or anything.  I'm still able to wear my rings and all my shoes still fit... Thank goodness.

Food Aversions: None.

Food Cravings: Chocolate.  Anything chocolate.

What I miss: I miss sleeping on my stomach and back! I don't like having to worry about being in a certain position while I sleep. Also, I miss me a good glass of Sangria...

What I Am Looking Forward to: 30 weeks is almost here which means I can schedule our 3D/4D ultrasound soon! I just want to see his face!!! Also, I just recently took my maternity pictures and can't wait to see how they turn out.  Here's a behind-the-scenes shot that Matthew took:




Milestones:  I'm in my last trimester! Can't believe that past 6.5 months have flown by so quickly! Oh, is it also a sad thing to mention that I'm still under my current starting weight?! Geez... I guess I really did let myself go this past year!  You see, I apparently gained a lot of weight while TTC (I'd read that diet and exercise can mess with a woman's cycle), got pregnant, lost a bunch of weight due to morning sickness in the first and second trimester, but haven't gained it all back!  I still have 2+ months left and I know that's when all the weight gain usually happens, so I know I'm not in clear just yet.  I think my scale is playing tricks on me or something because I don't see how that's really possible... but whatever.  I'll take it.