Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Foto: I love Britney.

... and I'm not ashamed to admit it.  I have been a Britney Spears fan since the MMC days.  MMC (and Kids Incorporated) were two of my favorite shows growing up!  I wanted so badly to be on either of those shows.  In fact, I'm convinced that if my parents gave me dancing lessons as a kid and we lived in Florida, Christina Aguilera's story to fame would have been MY story.  (Don't worry, I know I'm delusional)

Anyway, everyone in high school knew how much I loved Britney.  I know she's not the best singer or dancer, but she was gorgeous and sang the most entertaining songs.... and I wanted to be her.

Check out my desktop background of 2001:

(Yeesh -- talk about a bad photoshop job!)


Every year, during our annual school Talent Show, I performed whichever song was the latest Britney hit.  Don't believe me?  Here's a terrifying fierce picture of me performing "Stronger" my senior year. 

Oh yeah... I had back-up dancers, too :)


In college, I was in an a cappella group (this post is just making me sound cooler and cooler, huh?).  We had to audition for the solos of songs and I was basically on cloud 9 when I won the solo for "Toxic".  We even recorded it for our CD, too.  Wanna hear?!?!?!



Anyway, the point of this post is basically for me to say how utterly EXCITED I am that Glee is having an ALL-BRITNEY episode next week!


I liked their Madonna and Lady Gaga episodes... but their songs didn't impact me the way Brit-brit's songs did:  

Freshman year in college I gained the "Freshman 15 25" during my first semester!  It was her album "Britney" that helped me stay on that Stair Master for 60 minutes on level 10 everyday, and gave me the motivation to be healthy again.  (Obviously I've stopped listening to that CD because have you seen me now?! Blegh.)

Britney will forever be one of my favorites (discounting the years 2004-07, though I always knew she would make a comeback).

Next Tuesday could not arrive faster...