Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Friday, February 4, 2011

"Morning" Sickness... ha!

(Originally written on November 10, 2010)




Whoever coined the term "morning sickness" was clearly never pregnant.

Yes, I feel nauseous in the morning.

But I also feel sick midday, in the afternoon, late afternoon, and evenings!


I remember the first meal that I couldn't keep down... It was on October 23rd in the evening after eating Chipotle for dinner. I remember feeling HAPPY and even said, "yay! My first real pregnancy symptom! This must mean it's really happening."

I'm so stupid. Little did I know that from that point on, practically EVERY meal I eat would be coming right up a few hours later. No bueno.

You all know I like to eat... I mean, come on. Look at me. I didn't get this way by exercising everyday and eating a vegan diet! Mama loves food.


It's been so sad that lately nothing I eat has been pleasurable. When Matthew and I go out to eat, I just order the cheapest and blandest thing on the menu... It doesn't matter anyway, I'll just be throwing it up later, right?


I haven't announced my pregnancy at work and unfortunately, I've been caught a few times in the bathroom by other female coworkers... I hope they don't think I have an eating disorder. If they did, they are also probably wondering why it's working the opposite direction - ha!

I am just counting down and waiting for the second trimester to begin. They say my morning sickness should start to dissapate around that time and cravings will start kicking in!


The holidays are just around the corner and I really want to enjoy stuffing my face!


For now, though, I guess Ms. Porcelein and I will remain BFFs...