Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

30 before 30 - The Beginning...

Ziplining in Kaua'i


Long before the Bucket List movie came out, I made a really simple site to list everything I wanted to do in life from the really easy (i.e. fly a kite) to the more challenging (i.e. be on a gameshow). Very slowly, I have been able to cross some things off and it felt really great to watch my list grow smaller... but as I reviewed the things I've already completed, I also found myself adding new things I wanted to do and experience.

I have been very blessed throughout the years and am super happy with everything I've accomplished in life so far, but sometimes life goes by so fast and I lose focus or forget the goals I have made for myself.

Thus, I've given myself a deadline - my 30th birthday.

Like many others have already done, I made a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30. This list will include the things on my old list that I never completed, plus a bunch of new things I want to do! I have a little over three years, which gives me plenty of time. I know it won't be easy, but I look forward to challenge.

I hope by doing this I will be a better, happier, and more fulfilled person by the age of 30. If not, at least I'll have done a bunch of cool things I can tell my future grandkids about!

I'll be sure to continuously post my progress here... If you have a 30 before 30 list of your own, I'd love to hear about it below!



[in no specific order]
1. Run a full marathon
2. Visit all of the other main Hawaiian islands (Oahu, Maui, Kaua'i, Hawai'i, Ni'ihau, Moloka'i, Lana'i, Kaho'olawe)
3. Kid(s)!
4. Audition for musical/play/reality show Oops! I forgot I auditioned for American Idol back in 2004 New Goal: Learn to make French Macarons
5. Harry Potter World
6. Disneyworld
7. Master 3 Filipino dishes
8. Have an anniversary photoshoot (like an engagement photoshoot)
9. Learn how to sew
10. Learn how to really swim (I can make it from one end of a pool the other, but I don't think I can do laps and certainly cannot tread water for the life of me)
11. Volunteer at a soup kitchen
12. Fly a kite
13. Attend every type of professional sporting event: football, basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, horse racing, arena football, soccer, NASCAR
14. Watch the Lord of the Rings film trilogy
15. Teatro Zinani
16. Master 3 American dishes
17. Ride a bike further than around the block
18. Build a snowman
19. Go on an East Coast vacation with the hubs
20. Visit the Coca-cola factory
21. Finish painting all the rooms in the house
22. Visit a fortune teller
23. Learn how to solve the rubik's cube 8/15/10
24. Sing the national anthem at a baseball/hockey/football game

25. White water rafting (different from regular water rafting...)
26. Take ballroom dancing lessons with the hubs
27. Go on an Alaskan cruise
28. Cut my hair short (above the shoulder)
29. Have a full conversation (at least 10 exchanges) with my parents in Tagalog (no Tag-lish allowed)
30. Go on a Jelly Belly Factory tour