Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm Feeling Blue...berries

The kitchen is my favorite room in our house.  It's not gigantic, but it's filled with tons of fun gadgets that we registered for during our wedding and has pretty granite tops and a fun stone backsplash. 


This picture was taken before we moved in when I was showing my mom the house.  Sorry, I don't have a recent picture of all our kitchen gadgets, but you can see the counter tops and backsplash.  That's my mom

The problem is:  I don't cook or bake (much).  Sure, I'll make a pasta meal or grill some chicken every few weeks, and during holidays I like to whip up my go-to appetizers and dessert recipes, but other than that, the kitchen stays pretty unused.  That's why it's so pretty. 

Anyway, my wonderful FIL stopped by this morning and delivered 5 lbs of blueberries that he got on his recent trip to Oregon.  FIVE POUNDS!! (I understand to some that may not seem like a lot, but I never buy blueberries at the store -- though I do love eating them when they're available)


I took a handful to work today to eat as a snack, but... what am I going to do with the rest of the 4.98 lbs?!

So, I am on a mission.  I am looking for wonderful recipes (easy enough for a complete cooking/baking idiot) that incorporate blueberries.   That way, I can finally use some of the cool kitchen doohickies that have been collecting dust in the past year. I'm throwing a party for my brother's birthday at the house this weekend, so I hope to have a few ideas by then.... but I kinda need help. 

How do I know if a recipe is "good"?  Do you have any yummy ones you'd like to share?