Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Thursday, July 29, 2010

All We Need is Laughter

The other night, the hubs made a mean spirited joke at the worst moment, which resulted in a very upset me giving him the silent treatment. He apologized for said joke, but sometimes I can be a stubborn B-word and that night I was not going to let it go that easily (please tell me I'm not the only one who does this). I'm really good at holding my ground, too. I can stare him down and not even flinch. You do not want me to get upset. It's not cute.

Then, he went and did something like this (Note: This story will only make sense if you've seen Avatar. Otherwise, the story will sound a little stupid and you'll be left thinking "WTHeck?"):

[We were in bed and I had my back turned to him since I was trying to show how upset I was]

Hubs: "Are you still mad? I said I was sorry."

Me: [silent]

[Hubs twisted my hair into a ponytail and touched the ends of my hair to the top of his buzzed head, simulating the Na'vi hair connection. I couldn't see him doing this because my back was turned, but I could feel the top of his head nuzzled against the back of my neck]

And I laughed. Hard. I laughed hard because I thought of how ridiculous I was for trying to be mad at someone who was just so darn cute. Why fight over something as stupid as a joke about my hair (or whatever it is I overreact about on a given day)?

Laughter resolves a lot of our stupid tiffs -- we rarely have arguments that last longer than 5 minutes anymore. Because, in the end, is it really worth it to fight for hours about nothing? From time to time, we still do get mad at each other and that's completely normal, but we try our hardest not to sweat the small stuff. After all, we are spending the rest of our lives together, I think it would be best if we got along :)

Our Avatars were created here