Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Monday, July 26, 2010

A Well-Needed Lazy Sunday

I don't like to "waste" weekends.  We only get two days a week to unwind and do whatever we want without having to worry about waking up early the next day.  Whether it's lunch with girlfriends or an impromptu indoor trampoline funhouse excursion with the hubs, I'm game.  (Most of my weekend events are centered around eating and not physical activities, because I'm lazy like that -- but I'll have a couple events requiring movement other than chewing interspersed somewhere in the month.)

Yesterday, however, I was not in the mood to do anything.  I just wanted to sleep all day and have a quiet  lazy Sunday with my boys.

So that's what we did.

Bulldogs are awesome if for this reason alone... They love to sleep!  Hubs and I don't feel too guilty when if we don't take them out for a walk, because they'd rather sit in an air-conditioned room and watch TV, too!

Sometimes they sleep apart, but more often than not, they find where the other is laying down and plop down right next to him.

Take a look at their sleeping positions yesterday. I promise we did not pose them.

Apparently, Harry's favorite pillow is his brother Marv's butt.
The two cuddling brothers

Since I didn't really want to do chores either, I decided to pick up my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and re-read it before the movie comes out in a few months.  Reading HP always brightens my mood, since it takes me back to my college years when I'd skip lectures just to finish reading the latest installment.  I even took a class devoted to studying the J.K. Rowling series and wrote my final about Dumbledore's obsession with socks.  Yeah, I'm kind of a geek (I'm lazy, a slob and a geek -- isn't Matthew lucky?!).  I have even talked Matthew into going to a couple of the midnight premiere showings of the movies:

Before the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix premiere in 2007

Anyway, it was nice staying in and curling up with one of my favorite books.  I do kind of feel guilty for not doing more... but this next weekend should be more exciting.  I plan on FINALLY crossing something off of my 30 before 30 list.  Stay tuned :)

What did you do yesterday?