Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I Need a Time Turner

source



Ever have one of those weeks?



You know, the ones where the 8 hours at work fly by even though you've only completed a fraction of the tasks you were delegated, where traffic just does not want to cooperate and you are either stuck behind the grandpa who decided it would be fun to drive 55 MPH in the fast lane or maneuvering through the streets of SF at rush hour waiting 3 green lights before your car gets to move 10 feet, where you get home waaay too late and only have 30 minutes to play with your beloved bulldogs who diligently waited 15 hours for you to get home, JUST to go to bed and complete the same routine over again? Then all of a sudden, it’s Thursday and you have no idea where the time went.

I mean, seriously. Having been born and raised in the Bay Area, I know how insanely frustrating rush hour traffic can be. My commute to work is pretty long on a normal day, but tack on the thousands of other commuters driving the same direction, it can take almost 2.5 hours to get to my hometown! Usually, when summer rolls around traffic dies down a little – probably because school is out and families are off vacationing – but we’re in June and traffic is not improving. In fact, it feels like it has gotten worse. Boo.

On Sunday, I made a mental list of all the things I want to accomplish this week. I have 11 things on the list. I’ve accomplished 0 – well, maybe 1, but I’m really just partially done, so I don’t want to count that.

I need a time turner.

Not familiar? Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter series fame, receives one of those in the Prisoner of Azkaban novel and uses it to attend more classes than time would normally allow (among other reasons). She can rewind time so she can do multiple things at once. How cool would that be?

I’m just happy that tomorrow is Friday. We have Friday night all to ourselves and I plan to take full advantage of that. I’m thinking a fancy-shmancy dinner somewhere and maybe a movie (the last movie we saw together was The Blind Side.. it’s been that long).

I hope time cooperates with me next week…



Otherwise, I'll be seeing these puppy dog faces again and I can't bear feeling more guilt:


"We love you. Why you come home so late?"