Home About 30 Before 30 Blogroll Contact Disclosure

Friday, June 18, 2010

My Daddy

Sneak peak of my Father's Day present.

Hope I can find the time tonight and tomorrow to finish -- I waited until the last minute to start working on it (bad daughter).

For now, here are just a few words about how much my dad means to me:

He was my first word.
my first coach.
my first duet.
...my first love.

He is my number one fan.
my source for good advice.
my favorite home cooked meal.
my favorite duet.

I have his eyes and his heart.
His humility and his stubbornness.
His creativity and his wit.

I admire his strength and loyalty.
His patience and spirituality.
His ability to truly forgive and forget so effortlessly.

I miss laying on his lap watching late night shows.
Ballroom dancing in our living room.
Hearing him recount stories of the good ol' days before bed.
And kissing him goodnight.

I love how he always looks at me with proud eyes.
Never judging, always kind.

He'll be "daddy' forever and I will love him until the end of time.



at a gig with my dad sometime in 2005 (please don't judge my "stage" make-up)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwwww. I love this post! Daddies are the very best sort of people on earth! I just love mine so much! :)

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

Beautiful post about your Dad. My Daddy was the greatest man of my life!Cherish each moment, they are gone too soon. Found your blog via another, we also have an English bulldog, Eli. He celebrated his 7th birthday on June 15th. Please visit our blog for pictures of him!

Sylvia said...

Wow Aubrey, it's been a while! I'm glad to see you're doing so well - lovely post, by the way - and belated congrats on your marriage!

beka said...

This made me a little bit teary-eyed... I love my dad SO MUCH and this post reminded me of that :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!